Establish Rep. Office in ChinaThe simplest and most cost effective method of establishing a useful business presence in China is the Rep Office. The choice for an initial Rep office will normally be determined by basic market and product research in China . The high profile cities of Shanghai , Beijing , Guangzhou , and Shenzhen are the most likely choices for the Rep office. It should be noted that more than one Rep office can be established in China by a foreign entity.
A Rep. Office is an entity involved in business activities, which do not result in direct profits being made by the office. They are not allowed to operate as partnerships or sole proprietorships in China as they are not recognised as legal persons. However, they are allowed and encouraged to conduct indirect operational activities' such as liaison for business purposes, introduction of products, market research and technology exchange. These activities should be preparatory and supplementary activities, market research on the local market, providing business information and supplying sales for the headquarters.
Documents requiredApplicant companys
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Members Register
- Directors Register
- Last filed return to Company Registry
- Last filed return to Tax Department
- Company / business profile and reason of setting up RO
- Minutes of Board Meeting to setup RO
- Minutes of Board Meeting to authorize Chief Representative
- Bank reference letter Chief Representatives
- Passport copy - Photos - Resume